Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Master Disaster

Everyone who knows me knows about my issues with cleanliness.  Heaven forbid you ever have to travel to a hotel with me!

My master bathroom is a source of constant disgust.  We've been in our new house for almost a year, and I still bathe in the dark because I'm afraid to look too closely at the shower.  I've cleaned and cleaned but still feel the previous owners' germs lurking in the crevices.  I hate framed shower doors!

The same goes for the baseboards - how does hair get stuck to the floor like that?  

I'm debating color schemes, tile options and of course shower doors.  We plan to tackle this project in May, and I've found some sources of inspiration.

Here's what we're working with:



The bones are great, and I plan to keep most elements.  I want to remove the vinyl flooring and add ceramic or porcelain tile.  I want to replace the tile around the jacuzzi tub to correspond and am contemplating accent features.  If the budget will allow, I want to add granite to the vanity top, but I think I'll keep the hardware.  Then for the shower, I really want a tiled walk-in.  I also want to expand it a tad since we have room.  

Now, here are some options for inspiration:

(I love this color scheme!)

(I really like the idea of adding the small tiles behind the mirrors. )



(I'm also obsessed with sheen and sparkle!)

(I'm really considering this route for the face of the tub.  It adds another texture and is more affordable than tile.)
(This is the shower at the Hyatt Escalla Lodge in Park City.  We recently visited and the shower door is exactly what i want.  They even used tile for the baseboards! Genius!)


Thoughts?  We're saving up now, and I look forward to walking you through each step when we get started in May.  I'll explain how to demo your old floor, select your furnishings, install tile and remove and reuse fixtures.  I've not installed a tile shower before, but we can learn together!  

Wish us luck!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the face of the garden tub above from your inspiration pictures!

    ReplyDelete